Sunday, March 30, 2008

Church Family

I was encouraged at church today by both the message and worship. I usually am encouraged and challenged! Today at church after each worship song there was a microphone at the front of the church open to anyone who wanted to share a scripture that God had laid on their hearts as it related to His goodness and praiseworthiness. How awesome it is when God's church declare His word. God says in Isaiah 55:10-11
"For as the rain and snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty; but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."

So true are God's words. Even as people proclaimed God's truth God was using His word to encourage, challenge and equip His people for His work. One verse that was especially encouraging to me was Psalm 68:35

"O God you are awesome from Your sanctuary
The God of Israel Himself gives strength and power to His people
Blessed be God!"

I cannot imagine life without a day that I don't draw on the strength and power HE gives me to do the daily tasks. And there are so many people who can't imagine a day of life with Christ on the throne on their lives!

No comments: