Monday, March 30, 2009

Falling in love with Jesus (and other random thoughts)

I am learning so much in ways of my relationship with Jesus. I am full of excitement for fulling trusting Him for everything I need, in this life and all I can imagine in the next. God's word is so rich. I wish I could say I dealve into it daily, but I don't. I'm bad at that. But when I do, oh it is so rich. And I find it ever richer and truer when I share it with other people. I find that when I share it with other people I am leaning on its truth whole heartedly. I am trusting that God will come through and wanting every one to know it. God IS so good. He IS love, He DOES love me and He does give me life abundantly.

A devotion from Pastor James that I read tonight really summed up what I am feeling today here is the last paragraph:

How we relate to God is determined by what we do with His promises. Do you believe them? Have you learned that when you walk by sight you never win? But when you walk by faith, you believe there will be a day when He will fulfill His word. God sees you in the situation you face today. He knows how hard it is to walk by faith. He knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust (Psalm 103:14). God will not leave you wondering about what's going to happen, or uncertain about the future, or overcome by fear. He makes promises to you so that you can get through the long nights and the difficult days of waiting. He asks you to hang onto His promises for the long haul.

I am learning that I have to lean with every everything that I have on Him and His promises!!! I AM learning that when I walk by sight I never win. I instead cause anxiety in my spirit and unsettledness in my heart and home. When I walk by sight, I am shorter with Jackson because I am stressed, I am not focused on what I am on this earth for because I am focused on myself, I am not feeding on the richness of God's word because I am trying to "figure out how to make _____ work".

I have been praying for baby Stellan. It's hard, I want so badly for God to step in and heal him completely. But God's word doesn't promise that. Instead God promises His presence, His comfort for the pain, His strength to endure, His joy to cling to. I pray these things for Stellans mom and family. I do however still pray God will heal Stellan, He is God and fully capable of doing so if He chooses/wills. MckMama has an amazing faith. She is encouraging. Through praying for her I am learning how shallow my prayers are and how rich I want them to become. How when they are filled with words of my own they are shallow, but when I pray God's word back to Him, when I take His promises to Him and when I be still before Him I feel His presence tenfold.

My faith journey has taken me to some really deep and really high places these last months. I am learning that living for Christ in the "steadiness" of life is a lot harder, I become a lot more self sufficient. I am learning and I am excited. I am more in love with God and His Son Jesus than I was yesterday. I pray that I can say that every day of my life.

I am waiting for God to provide in big ways for my family but trusting in the meantime that if His provision does not come in my timing that He will provide what we need then. For now, what I need changes day to day but I am learning to take my worries about tomorrow to the Lord and get through today; really hoping deep inside that tomorrow never comes, that God instead would come and take all His children home and end all the heartache and sadness.

More of Jesus in my life, that is what I want desperately. More courage to proclaim His love to those around me. More compassion for the lost. More faith to believe and cling to His promises. More love to cause me to dig deep into His word. Lord Jesus give me more of you!! As Fernando Orgeta so eloquently wrote in his song: "you can have all this world, just give me Jesus"!!

No comments: