Monday, February 11, 2013

In Case you were wondering...

I AM NOT SUPERWOMAN!!!  Yes I know this doesn't surprise any of you readers but I have had to remind, no repent of this, myself of this a lot in the last 24hours.  You see, I worked last night (as I do 2 other nights a week) but I think I realized that I think I have to be superwoman!  I have to only eat veggies and fruits, whole grains and rich proteins, exercise 5 days a week, lean on my own strength, get stronger, eat better.  Yes that is a GREAT way to treat this temple of GOD!  But I have been worshiping this temple of Kandy as Superwoman!  I think that I can do it all, be it all and ya know what?!  I just can't!  I need God's GRACE!!! I gave into temptation of my favorite, peanut butter m&m's last night at work.  It WRECKED me emotionally! I proceeded to work my shift feeling like I was a complete and utter failure!  Over m&m's!  My Superwoman coverup had been smashed!
  I did not plan on having a baby sitter this morning so that I could attend my regularly scheduled Spin Cycle class at 9am this morning.  WHAT?!  I am 27 weeks pregnant, mother of 3 children outside the womb, just got off 12hrs of work, 14hrs away from home and I expected myself, demanded of myself, to not sleep and go exercise in effort to possibly lose a few calories so that i would feel better about myself.  Superwoman HAS to workout!!
INSANITY!
God spoke to me, He called it idol worship.  Worship of myself and not worship and love for Him.  His strength in my weakness, His blessing of friends to watch the kids so I can get much needed rest to enable me to be a Mom to my children and a wife for my husband.  His truly AMAZING GRACE!!  A size 6 pregnant superwoman?!  Well that idol has GOT TO GO!!  I was willing to possibly injure myself for the sake of this idol, this broken messed up temple.  But you see what I realized, this is GOD's TEMPLE!  He see's me perfect because of Jesus Christ!  WOW!  He doesn't see the m&m's I had, nor does He care to.  He see's my heart!  He knew my heart was not to sin by eating a few m&m's.  God see's my heart, covered by the blood of His precious Son, so He calls me Beloved Daughter!  And I kneel before Him & I say THANK YOU!!!  I need to ask Him for my identity &worship Him, soak up this AWESOME LOVE OF GOD!!
So, despite not having a sitter, I did not go to my spin class.  I have been a zombie on the couch praying for the clock to go faster so nap time will come and I can sleep!  I have been praying for a gentle spirit with my children.  And I have been praying for God's strength in my weakness, not greater Kandy strength or Superwoman to show up.

Bottom line...I can't do it all!!!  I can't.  And I don't have to---THANK YOU GOD!!  Forgive me for trying to be Superwoman in my own strength and worshiping that idol rather than surrendering and finding awesome truly supernatural strength that flows from Your LOVING hand!!

1 comment:

Scott and Katie said...

YAY! Praying and hoping our gentle and persistent Father continues to remind you of this everyday. You are beautiful and precious in His sight-just the way you are!